The organizer of the contest, The Hidden Treasure, hasn’t publicized any details about the contestants. Although the official website of the contest has an advertisement to vote for the contestants, there is no details about the contestants. Even the photos in the advertisement are of low quality to property see the contestant.
Some details of the contestants were published in the Friday edition of Saptahik, a Kantipur’s weekly publication. But, the publication has also omitted some of the details of the contestants. There is no details about the age of some of the contestants, others have their height missed and some have their education details missing. Evaluating the education details of those whose is published, it is clear that most of the contestants are well educated and some even have professional degrees.
- One contestant, Anusha Lamsal, a forestry graduate
- Rakshya Karki is Environment Engineer, Manjari Singh is Civil Engineer
- Namrata Gurung is Computer and Interior Design Graduate from HK
- Rojina Shrestha from Kathmandu is IT and Management graduate.
- Anita Bhandari is MSc Microbiology student
- Urusha Adhikari and Dristi Katuwal are Nursing graduate / students
- Niti is Journalism graduate, Kritika is Journalism student
- Swastika Silwal is studying BBA, Rinku , Nikita, Gyani Maya Baral, Barsha Pokharel are Business studies graduates
Summary of the contestants and their age, education and heights:
- Swastika Silwal, Lalitpur, 19, BBA 2nd year, 5’6″
- Rinku Bajracharya, Lalitpur, 23, BBA, 5’6″
- Priyanka Khadka, Jhapa, 19, 5’5.5″
- Anusha Lamsal, Dhading, 22, 5’4″ Forestry graduate
- Namrata Gurung, Rupendehi, 20, 5’6″, computer and Interior design graduate
- Rojina Shrestha, Parsa, 22, 5’6″ graduate
- Rojina Shrestha, Kathmandu,23, 5’8″ IT & Management graduate
- Ashina Baral, Kathmandu, 19, BSW 2nd sem
- Anita Bhandari, Jhapa, 24, MSc microbiology,
- Rakshya Karki, Kathmandu, 23, 5’5’, Environment Engineer
- Niti Shah, Dang, 21, 5’5’, journalism and mass communication grad.
- Urusha Adhikari, Chitwan, 22, BSc Nursing,
- Majari Singh, Palpa, 22, 5’5″ Civil Engineer
- Nikita Chandak, Morang, 5’6″ Bachelor in commerce
- Gyani Maya Baral, Kaski, 5’6″ MBS student
- Dristi Katuwal, Morang 23, 5’5″ BSc Nursing student
- Sahara Basnet, Lalitpur, 23, 5’5’
- Barsha Pokharel, Morang, 22, BCom Hon, 5’4″
- Kirtika Giri, Jhapa, 19, Journalism student, 5’4″
These 19 finalist of Miss Nepal 2017 were selected from various auditions held in a number of cities all over Nepal including Kathmandu, Dharan, Pokhara, Butwal, Dhangadi, Biratnagar, Nepalgunj and Chitwan. . For the first time in the history of Miss Nepal, Skype auditions were also held for the applicants living abroad this year.
The contestants were selected based on the talent, beauty, personality and the level of wisdom. 30 contestants were selected in the prefinal rounds of eight different auditions. Out of them, 11 contestants were eliminated. The grand final of the event is scheduled to be held on June 2, 2017.
The contestants are currently going through a 6-weeks-long training sessions to enhance their general knowledge and personality skills.